Friday 5 January 2018

From DebD: Dark Sword: Female Ranger with Bow (10 points)

This week I had a bit of fun with Dark Sword's Female Ranger. I wanted to try to create a forest scene and use bits of nature. I really enjoyed this project. Surprisingly, bark is very fun to work with!

Scale: 28mm
Mfg: Dark Sword Miniatures
Product: Female Ranger with Bow
Material: Metal


The bow was added to the model. It is a metal spear that I clipped and filed down.


The trees are twigs, bark and moss found on a hike and later dried in the oven.  Some people bake cookies, I bake bark lol


The ferns are card stock paper that has been punched out with Green Stuff World's small branch punch.


The leaves in the trees and on the ground are birch seeds that have also been dried out. 

One of these weeks, I will have more than one figure to post :)

1 x 28mm from Dark Sword

Thanks!
Deb

_____________________________________________

Wow, what an absolutely stunning vignette Deb. 

The figure's ridiculous pose aside (What tortured mind comes up with these incongruous, quasi dance-class animations?), you've done a terrific job on the bow modification and the painting is top shelf, particularly her face.

The forest setting you've created is truly inspired and I really like what you've done with the various mixed media to achieve the overall effect (Note to self: I absolutely NEED that small branch punch thingy). 

On top of the standard 5 points for the figure I'm giving you another 5 for the groundwork and bow modifications. Lovely work Deb! 


25 comments:

  1. Lovely work on the figure and excellent work on the scenery!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the entire thing, well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. really great, love the trees

    ReplyDelete
  4. Without question, that is absolutely a stunning piece of work. The gorest background and theme is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not taking away from the figure itself, that is one hell of a base. Top banana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning work - some of the best I’ve ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning stuff Deb, love the woods and underbrush.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic diorama Deb - brilliant work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic work! The effort that has gone into this piece and the effects you have achieved is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - some tremendous skill on display here. Cant imagine myself ever cooking bark, but wow, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo.... who wants to battle it out for SECOND place in Sarah's Choice? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think we have a definite contender here!

      Delete
  12. That's a helluva vignette, Deb, an amazing effort. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am gobsmacked, all aspects of this little gem are superb. I really think you should have saved this one for a themeround! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. On my gosh that is stunning I would give you a 100 points for that far out amazing detail

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nicely done! Your colour palette is exquisite. As our minion I‘m not all too keen on the pose of the figure but that’s hardly your fault. Great painting and especially basing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, so lovely!
    This is a beautiful vignette and I am delighted to see such high calibre painting and creativity for this years Challenge.
    Well Done Deb and I am looking forward
    to see what next is off your painting desk 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing work Deb, well done on all counts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Splendid work there Deb!

    It that isn't in the shortlist for Sarah's Choice I'll eat my hat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice work Deb in particular the terrain!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work, Deb! I hate the poncey elves, but she is a lovely redhead with a bright pallet of color...she definitely appeals to my ancestry!
    My daughter, Valerie, wants her for her Tree Woman army, so thank you for inspiring her on! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, I hope you share some of your daughters’ painted figures this challenge.
      They both have such creativity and imagination and I for one would like an update on their armies.

      Delete