Thursday 23 March 2017

MilesR: What I Did Done Paint

 Challenge VII is now in the books and I'm very happy with the outcome as I set a personal record of 4,125 points.  I got everything I need for my Historicon games painted up during the Challenge plus a good number of odds and ends.

The lead pile has been materially depleted so all you manufactures are now formally warned to put on extra production shifts as I must replenish my stocks.


A shot down the "nonWW2 Historical row".  I've never really gamed moderns before so this will be a new experience for me.  I painted A LOT of figures from Empress Miniatures this Challenge and have become a real fan of their products.

In the middle is the Fantasy/Frostgrave column of figures.
On the right side is the "WW2 Historicals" row.  I really fleshed out my North African collection by adding Italians, French Foreign Legion and the SAS.  The winter Germans on a lark.  My favorites of the group are the LRDG vehicles.

Lastly a shot of the 15mm stuff in the back along with the Bloodbowl teams and dugout.

It's become a tradition with these summary posts to include a picture of oneself.  In my case I think that's a bad idea because, well, I go out of my way to stay out of the press professionally and, frankly, my image has been known to scare small children and animals.

I thought it better to show you a picture of my family, who I now can become reaquainted with as I emerge from 3 months of isolation in the basement.

My son has announced he wants to do graduate work in Statistics (I'm not making that up) and is in the process filing a patent on a personal music matching algorithm.  Hopefully he'll think about graduating from college also.

OK, you may find the next picture disturbing.  Those of you with weak constitutions or refined tastes should look away now.....


 Aghhhhh!!!!! There I am, in all my terrible glory.  It's my first selfie.  Damn you Curt look what you've reduced me too....
No summary of this Challenge would be complete with paying respect to my loyal troops who supported me without fail through 3 months of nearly constant painting combat.  3 Series 7 brushes and one Davinici all served honorably and without hesitation.

Challenge VII Brushes, I Salute you!!!

Rest well weary pigment warriors, rest well.

20 comments:

  1. What a lot of figures and vehicles you painted - congrats on the top place and your new PB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's just easier to weigh them. Fantastic output. Until we cross brushes again your mission is to find someone who makes 54mm figures of Washington and Cornwallis - I can't. Although 54mm anything would be tough for us both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say we stick with 28mm and use Fife and Drum Miniatures - they make a fantastic AWI line and he's supported the Challenge in the past.

      Perhaps a command stand w/ 3 figures - I'll do Washington and you can do Cornwalis?

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a plan, does mean I have to paint dogs though☺

      Delete
    3. There can be no nobler subject. Woof!

      Delete
    4. If I recall from the meticulously researched and historical accurate movie "The Patriot", Mel Gibson had stolen and won over Conrnwalis's dogs way before Yorktown.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic work Miles. For my collection a telephoto is needed; for yours a wide-angle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always a pleasure to participate in the Challenge

      Delete
  4. A fine collection what you did done paint. Well done Miles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Miles.. very cool to see it all laid out! And the points to go with it! Huzzah! Until the next one eh? Maybe 5k next year? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think RayR's mark of 4.7K from Challenge II will never be beat. As for me, I'm not sure I've got another 4K effort left in me

      Quality over Quantity is my new goal (at least for now, who knows if the competitive jerk side of me will take over again)

      Delete
    2. Indeed - I think Ray used up 10 years of the world sandbag supply for AHPC2, so it will be a long time before anybody can approach that level

      Delete
  6. What a spectacular view Miles, the figures are not half bad either :-P No seriously: it was a blast seeing you getting through the lead pile. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cast of thousands! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find what you have done stupendous, now if you would just play the lard you could attract me to one of those gaming events in Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bloody hell, that's a lot of figures! Superb effort as always, Statmeister-General!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How does your table stand up under all that lead weight Miles? Great output as always. I almost didn't recognize you without the beard - do you owe someone money?

    ReplyDelete