Sunday 19 March 2017

From StefanK: The final rush with T-72 ready to rush for the Fulda gap.

Actually I thought that the boat would be my final entry for this painting challenge but then I regonised that only 30 points were missing to fulfill 500 points goal. Luckily I've been working on a couple of 15mm T-72 tanks during last week. I inserted a night shift yesterday and a final rush this afternoon. So here we go:
All ten T-72 tanks.
The models are plastic kits from Battlefront's Team Yankee range. They are pretty easy builds but nicely models on the table anyway. As usual I primed them and gave them a thin coat of the Sovjet greenish base colour.
Numbers one to four...
Then some ink (Armypainter 'Strong Tone') and a couple of different layers of drybrushing. After all I wanted a 'quick and dirty' technique because I'm afraid the the Sovjets will obtain much more reinforcements than my German Bundeswehr in which I but some more work for the three colour camouflage sheme.
... numbers five to eight...
After all I'm pretty satisfied with the result. I haven't applied decals yet because I'm not sure for which country to field them. I'm undecided between Red Army and East German Volksarmee though...
... and finally numbers nine and ten.
However that's my final entry for this year painting challenge then. It was great to join the bunch and I enjoyed the many tremendous entries a lot. Many thanks to all participants and especially to Curt for taking the efforts of organising the gathering again!


Tamsin: What a superb rush to the finish line Stefan! Congrats on reaching (indeed, exceeding) your target. That's another 60 points in the bag for these great little tanks :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh very nice armour Stefan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent looking tanks Stefan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Stefan. We have been playing a lot of Team Yankee with our group and have been loving it. But the Soviets will need a LOT of T-72s...so this is a good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Greg. Luckily a friend and me joined for the Sovjets. Altogether we're at 22 T-72 so far. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Great set of Red tanks Stefan! I like the weathering effects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for your kind feedback, mates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work with these tracks Stefan! The Strong Tone worked quite well in this application. Do you use the water soluable version?

    ReplyDelete