Thursday 9 March 2017

From PeterD 28mm SYW Powder Cart (20 points)


This could be a multi-post week for me, but I suspect that it will lead to no posts next week.  This is a 28mm Powder Cart from Perry Miniatures AWI range. As with (almost) everything else I've done this year it is for my SYW Sharp Practice project.



As with everything else that I've painted from this range, this was a lovely set and went together very nicely and quickly.  It also painted up quickly and nicely.


Rather than paint this for a specific army I went with a generic approach so that it could serve either the French or Anglo-Allied forces.  I used a faded dark blue-grey for the cart and painted the driver as a civilian.  Similarly the Perry's sell this as a powder cart but I think that it can double as a ammo cart, engineer cart or what ever else I need it to be.


I have been basing my troops on washers for individual figures and Renendra plastic bases from Perry box sets for multi-figure bases.  This set was bigger than any plastic bases I had on site so I cut a piece of bass wood to fit.



Points wise that's a cart, a horse and a foot figure.  I'll leave it to my minion to work out the math officially.


And another post from Peter! I really like this little gem! My initial reaction was the color chosen for the cart which does remind me of the sunbleached timber from the barns here in my AO. It gives it a nice aged and worn look which enhances it's versatility in use for any force. Your groundwork is very nice on this piece as well. It seems they are approaching camp or cannon on a fallow field. It is a very nice sculpt and well rendered by your brush!



13 comments:

  1. Great piece Peter! One of my favorites of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again David. The extras are something that Perry does very well. This could be an aside piece or just ignored altogether, but they've given us a well crafted set which tells its own little story. I was quite pleased with the blue grey, and yes sun faded was what I was aiming for. It's a basic grey flannel underneath with a couple washes of "Payne's Grey" over top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very nice, and great basing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, I really like the additional stuff wagons etc, I've literally got a pile of wagons to do and this one has turned out delightfully!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. I like adding the extra stuff both for colour and for scenario ideas.

      Delete