Tuesday 21 March 2017

From LeeH - Conquering the Lead Mountain

This years Painting Challenge has come to its inevitable conclusion and I have to say its been an absolute blast. My painting output has been consistently high throughout the event and I have shaved a significant portion off the summit of my lead mountain! I'm never going to be a contender for the top ten but I'm very happy with my final points tally which not only smashed my target but also topped my personal best for any of the challenges so far. I've set the bar high for myself next year! Curt has asked us to post pictures of ourselves with our painted miniatures from this years event and like a good boy I have done just that.... brace yourself, I'm not a pretty sight!



I've been keeping track of my points and progress throughout the Challenge as my way of keeping myself motivated, focused and organised (just slightly OCD). It clearly worked because as the red line shows I utterly smashed my target this year. 




The 7th Analogue Painting Challenge has been a fantastic event from beginning to end. The standard of entries has been exceptionally high and a vast quantity of lead (and plastic) has been painted. More importantly the Challenge has proved yet again what a fantastically talented and generous community we belong to. I for one am already looking forward to, and planning for, next years Challenge ...if the Snowlord is mad enough to run it again of course. That's me done and signing off for this challenge. See y'all next winter! 

15 comments:

  1. Great job Lee! You certainly aren't alone in running a spreadsheet like that to keep yourself motivated and focused :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top job Lee, loved your 6mm Desert stuff, magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great challenge for you this year Lee well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that happy face! Wonderful. It was great having you with us again Lee. I agree, by the looks of that chart, AND your lovely miniatures of course, you were on fire this year. I loved both your WWII desert entries and your ancients. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Lee. Your 6mm stuff is really top notch
    And a spreadsheet to boot!
    Spreadsheets rule!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Lee. Inspirational painted toys from you this season. Been really enjoyable to see your posts. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a huge body of work, Lee! I enjoyed your ancients a lot, but really like seeing your North African WW2 swell!
    Have a great Summer and I will look forward to seeing your work again next Season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great effort this year Lee, well done ol' boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So relieved to see that Miles isn't raising a demarcation dispute over that chart...
    ; )
    Great work, Lee, some real masterpieces in microscopic miniature there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific job Lee, I particularly liked the micro-armour

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work Lee - I am constantly amazed at your 6mm work.

    ReplyDelete