Sunday 19 March 2017

From Iain: Last post - Francis I of France - Curtgeld (25 Points)

Last post, together with Friday Minion Phil I am portraying the moment king Francis 1st of France instructed the Chevalier Bayard to knight him following his victory at Marignano in 1515 over the Swiss. Phil is painting the Chevalier and I have painted Francis.




So Gold Damask ,or fleur de lies, it is!




It's a lovely Steel Fist miniature and will be based with Phil's to make a command stand. 
All the best 
Iain W

_____________________________ 

...and the second half of the Italian Wars cooperative. Fantastic work Iain! As I mentioned in Phil's post, I've been wanting to do a Bayard vignette for a quite some time now, but this is way better coming from the two of you. 

Your Francis looks absolutely terrific in his gold damask and dark armour. I'm particulalry impressed with your brilliant work on the fleur-de-lis. That takes a steady hand!

Thanks so much Iain, I very much look forward to seeing the set based together.



10 comments:

  1. Wonderful work on this figure Iain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is fabulous! Well done Iain- your stuff has been top notch this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, that's good of you , it's been great fun!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. He looks mighty fine Iain, excellent work on the fleur de lys - definitely the right option for you to take King Francis with those freehand skills.

    I wonder whether I went a bit colourful for mine though - oops!

    ReplyDelete