Wednesday 29 March 2017

AlanD - What I did on my holidays and when I should have been marking

Another fun-packed Challenge down - my fourth. Thank you to Curt for this wonderful juggernaut he has created, the sponsors, the minions - especially Paul my Tuesday co-minion - and all the Challengers for their encouragement, banter and good-spiritedness throughout.

This year I fell a little short of my 2000 point target, but for the first time my entries consisted entirely of 28mm figures. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair.


I was pretty focused on some specific projects this year, painting Dwarves for Dragon Rampant, Fallschirmjaeger for Chain of Command, French & Indian Wars and Retreat from Moscow figures for Sharp Practice and German Revolution for Through th Mud and the Blood. Actually, now that I think about it, Challenge VII for me was a very Too Fat Lardies event, although I did also paint a few Medieval Russian cavalry.

All up, that's 237 foot, 28 cavalry (including armoured bears!), 3 guns and a golem, for a total of 1803 points.


Thanks everyone! It's been fun.


10 comments:

  1. looks like it did the job! great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see them all Alan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo Dux! Lovely work. I particularly liked your German Revolution figures and the Golem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helluva haul, Dux - and minioning as well! Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb figures and congrats for exceeding the "Dux Line" and now being a success in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been fun indeed and such grand stuff you've shown us thanks heaps and see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent stuff. Great productivity by the looks. Well done. cheers

    ReplyDelete