Tuesday 21 March 2017

80's Pulp?! Anyone?

Hoi,

So the Challenge has ended, so why am I looking at the figures on my paintdesk and immediately counting the amount of points they would get me? Oh well... Before the Challenge starts I prep the figures I want to paint and put them together in my gaming table. During the Challenge I think the coated figures out and add the painted figures back to the rest, thus I can see my progress and have them nicely gathered to make the final picture showing the painted results of the Challenge. Now my favourite part of the Challenge is: putting the painted figures in my showcases and completing their respective collections. I had already taken the picture of the total of painted miniatures and put them in the showcase when Curt asked for a picture of us with our figures. But since the reason for this photo is so that we all can put a face to a name, I thought it would be alright to show a picture of the figures and one of ... well... me. separately.

So here are the figures.


The majority of these figures are either Dark Age figures or part of my 80's Pulp Project with some sundry others thrown in for good measure. Now you must have noted, as I already pointed out, that I am not in this picture, luckily my wife came to the rescue. Normally I do not think my painting should impede on family time and I practise my hobby in the evenings when the boys are in bed and the wife is entrenched on the living-room couch. But this last week I asked her whether I could use the Saturday afternoon to get some stuff finished in order to reach the 1500 points needed. She kindly allowed me to do just that and I was joined by my eldest son Arthur who can be seen here while he is painted one of my old army-men-planes.

This surely was an awesome Challenge, it is my 3rd and if Curt wills it, not my last by a far! The highlights, in no particular order, were the Side Duel I held with Iannick, my participation in the Curtgeld with Stefan and Lord Awdry and me ending up in 3rd place in the East Theme Round.

In the end Iannick and I forgot to put up a post stating the outcome of our duel which is a draw, so we decided to each sent one another a figure and so it will happen. It was great, it was HUUUUGGGEE!

Ahem, well that leaves me with saying a great big thank you to all of you Challengers, Minions and of course the Snowlord and Lady Sarah for making this Feast of Figures possible for yet another year!

Cheers Sander

20 comments:

  1. Brilliant.

    I need one of those painting getups that Arthur is wearing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful what you wish for oh great Snowlord be very careful...

      Delete
  2. That's a great collection of painted minis Sander - glad you enjoyed your third outing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surely did Tamsin and you can count on me for #8 ;-)

      Delete
  3. A. Rey nicely painted collection and wonderful picture of you and your son

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A very nicely" not "A. Rey"
      I hate auto spell correct!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Miles! I hate auto correct too!

      Delete
  4. Great Challenge Sander - it's been a blast to follow along. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Greg, I am sure we will meet again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge, fun duel! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great collection of figures Sander.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I am rather happy with them myself ;-)

      Delete
  8. Top shelf work, Sander - and so good to see the next generation learning the basics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well when he's enthusiastic, I try to get him involved and perhaps we could be painting in more earnest together when he's a bit older :-)

      Delete
  9. Nicely done Sander, I am not sure who is more intent you or the son.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work Sander - love the pic of father and son painting.

    ReplyDelete