Wednesday 11 January 2017

Richard P - 20mm Costa Verde (92 Points)

One of the aspects of this hobby I enjoy the most is Fictional games as it's a great opportunity to use those unusual figures and vehicles in an environment that they may not ever appear together. A group of us have been fighting over the fictional Black Sea country of Andreivia for over five years now. I have been working on the background for a fictional Central African (although it may turn out to be Central American, not sure yet) and have started painting up forces for this project.

First up twenty 20mm figures that will be used as a Local Militia force. Figures actually Portuguese Bush War figures from Enfilade Miniatures.






Next a die cast completely repainted to join the Costa Verde Highway Patrol.



ByronM - Some good looking figures there, I like the poses of the figures as they look ready to get into action.  Nice clean paint job on them as well, and neutral enough to be used for many different theaters. I like the police car repaint too, however you may want to try a little variation on the windows, I know it's really hard to do windows right so I understand why you did single colour and its perfectly fine to leave it like that, but adding 1 or 2 darker or lighter shades along the top or bottom to give it some depth may help break up that large area of solid coloured flat surface. 

I like the idea of a self designed background as you have complete control over what you want to do with it and freedom to change as you go, and if your group has had enough fun with the last made up place that they are all willing to start a new one, that makes it sound like you have a great gaming group going.

92 well deserved points for your local militia force.

17 comments:

  1. Liking these here. Generic enough to go for any theatre indeed, and to go for both sides potentially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Enfilade are planning some new support weapon packs so I plan to add them eventually along with a lot more riflemen.

      Delete
  2. Portuguese Bush Wars, now that's interesting. I knew Eureka had something similar (Portuguese in Angola) but had no idea about Enfilade Miniatures. Very cool. I like their blue shoulder tabs and the scrub groundwork. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Curt, he is just about to release some support troops to go with these which might be available before the end of the challenge, not sure. Enfilade are also planning to sell the figures in smaller packs so I should be able to add some more riflemen without having to buy a group of 10 figures every time.
      Cheers
      Richard P

      Delete
  3. Really nice and that addition of blue on the shoulders a master move

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian, yes I was really pleased with how the blue turned out.

      Delete
  4. That's some mighty fine painting on display here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting post. Nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOHHHH! I can see a new project looming in my "near Future". (I say Near future but It might take a year or more). As an AK 47 player these are really exciting. Fictional settings sounds perfect. Central America, Sub Saharan Africa or SE asia. All sound good to me. I hope you have more of this exciting project to see. I for one am keen to see more .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I have a fictional South American nation I think I'll use some day.

    ReplyDelete