Friday 27 January 2017

From JamesonP: Wargs and Fyrd and French, Oh My! (25 Points)

The mixed bag grows bigger and even more mixed this week!

First off is a Games Workshop Wild Warg. This nasty fellow is from the original Games Workshop The Lord of the Rings box which I much prefer to The Hobbit Fell Wargs box. That seems to correspond to how I feel about the film trilogies. Anyhow, this warg will definitely give those Dwarves I painted up something to do with their axes. Hopefully the dice come up in their favor.


Next are two Saxon Fyrd from Wargames Factory. I like the options the Wargames Factory boxes create, but I do find these figures to be a bit flat and doughy. You really need to pay attention to detail to have these come out alright. That said they're great for Saga and general purpose fantasy.


Finally, here are a couple more French and Indian War French Regulars from Conquest Miniatures. My next batch of these will sport shoulder arms or be command so you won't have to watch me eek these exact same figures out two at a time from week to week.


In addition to more French, I have a Wild Warg Chieftain and some metal Dwarves on deck. Until next time... keep on painting!


Nice contribution to the Friday crew here Jameson. What is it with you guys and mixed bags of minis though - that sure is an inefficient way to rack up the points ;-) 

The warg looks mean with his ruddy brown coar. I know what you mean about the WF plastics, but the price is right, they're straightforward to paint up, and they'll do just fine on the battlefield. I look forward to seeing more of those FIW French, as the Conquest Games minis are quite popular, and I bet the regulars look excellent in good sized units. 
Phil 
 

15 comments:

  1. Slow and Steady, nowt wrong with that, Team Friday Rock with big and small submissions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 very good projects carried out incredibly well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice figs. How do you like the Conquest minis? i am doing SYW French in Europe am curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, really like the look of those French.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour for the warg is perfect - very feral. I've never been a fan of WF products but you've done a valiant effort with these. My favourite are Conquest French, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice collection. I agree with Curt, the French are lovely.
    I have a lot of the GW Wargs as cavalry for Dragon Rampant, but lately I have been looking at the Vendel wolves and wolf riders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rather like the guy swinging the axe, looks like he is putting his weight behind it but still keeping the swing under control. Good mix of figures again

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to paint whatever hits my fancy, so quite with you on the mixed bag. I like what you've done and looking forward to seeing more FIW figs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another eclectic entry - something for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work, Jameson! They all look great, including the wargame factory. I'm a bigger fan of the SYW French though, they look awesome, I'm looking forward to the rest!

    ReplyDelete