Thursday 31 March 2016

MartinC's Challenge - Finding Storage For All That Lot!

As I wasn't around for the end of the challenge I posted my group shots early. I'm back now and although I sent Curt some shots to add to the post but that was a little lazy. So I've updated my original post with a missing set of figs and a mug shot.

The challenge has been fab this year. I made the all time top 10, amazing, and got pipped at the post by Miles, may all his spreadsheets have circular errors. Miles' output has been truly astonishing. 

I won the Cetswayo Challenge against MichaelA, close run thing, and the Bronze to Steel Challenge, a proper beating (sorry guys) to the extent that everybody has sidelined it.
This year I have painted a lot of figures and an octopus

Everything


Republican Romans (2 units velites and 1 unit Triarii done last year)


Zulus (1 unit done before the Challenge), Colonial British, Carthaginians, Gauls, VBCW Germans, Parthian Camel Cataphracts and some other stuff

The octopus, not as cool as the Clocktopus but only 50p


I missed off some zombies


Finally me in a pub



This year has been a blast, thank you one and all, especially the Snow Lord and Dave my designated driver. The Challenge has helped me through a very challenging time at work. Hopefully all on the mend now and the Challenge meant I didn't kill anybody, yet.

Thank you all. As I can't go to Salute hopefully I'll see some of you at Partizan in May

Martin.

27 comments:

  1. What a turnout! Simply splendid stuff, Martin, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great effort Martin, that's quite a haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta, I don't have enough unpainted figs left to match this years target. Shopping needed

      Delete
  3. A fantastic effort Martin - so near, yet so far. At least you know who to beat next year when you go for the all-time points record :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic effort - your Zulu's are exceptionally well done

    I look forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you were a great competitor. Next year it is

      Delete
  5. Excellent collection. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work this year Martin. Loved your Romans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stonking work Martin. Your 'fast paint' Zulus were truly inspired.

    I may be at Partizan this year, and if so I'll keep an eye out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for giving me the opportunity. Partizan would be a great place to meet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning amount of work and quality Martin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I hadn't seen the output myself, I wouldn't have believed it! Stonking stuff and great quality too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks they are heavy

    ReplyDelete
  12. And someone called me a remorseless painting machine great work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are. Thanks mate, good luck with the wedding

      Delete
  13. Storage is a really problem, especially when you produce that many figures. I agree that the pub is the best place to contemplate storage. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheers, pub best for everything. I can recommend 10 drawer A4 filing cabinets

    ReplyDelete
  15. Phew - that was some effort - well done Martin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work, and a well deserved finish there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well that's a staggering amount of figures! Nicely done!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  18. Grand output of quality figures, Martin! I am in a similar boat as I just left Adepticon. I had planned to hit up battlefoam for storage, but I instead increased my unpainted pile! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy smoke that's a nice collection, well done!

    ReplyDelete