Thursday 31 March 2016

From JohnSh - A Challenge Finished But Not Completed


Here is my final output from the Challenge (minus Curtgeld which is STILL on the painting desk). I am wearing my traditional painting fez and my lifesaving drop down watchmaker's visor magnifier thingie.


I learned a lot from the Challenge, mainly that I need to FINISH the hundreds of half painted miniatures that I have lying around. And never to trust Dux and Man Cave Paul to take pity on your freshly painted miniatures.

I managed to almost hit my halfway point but in my mind I really only thought that 250 points would be achievable for me. Nearly got there. I can't wait to do it all again!

21 comments:

  1. Great having you with us this year John :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement Tamsin.

      Delete
  2. Good to see a familiar fez...!
    ; )
    Great to see your work this time round, next time we'll see if either of us can crack 500!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job John. I very much liked those old school GW halberdiers you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. I'm going to knock out another dozen of those shortly, they look great on the table.

      Delete
  4. Nice one. People go bonkers for a Fez. Don't know why...they just do allright. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the hat that entertains. I put this one on and it fit "just like that"

      Delete
  5. Fezzes are cool, and so are your figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. I do get funny looks if I wear it on the train.

      Delete
  6. Don't tell Phil... He will swear it's a tarboosh,,. But if it works who cares... Lovely stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that boy has very odd ideas. Tarboosh? Pfft. What Bolsie rubbish it that.

      Delete
    2. Mine is from Turkey, therefore a fez. Not one of those Egyptian look-a-likes.

      Delete
  7. A painting fez? Extra points for style there sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir! Unfortunately it was too warm to wear the matching smoking jacket.

      Delete
  8. It is an interesting hat, I always did want to where a fez, especially a red one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pity is for the weak...and my opponents!

    Great job and I love the Fez mate - I'll dig mine out so we can have a Fez night at the club one night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grand work on the halberd troops, John! And the fez just ups the coolness factor by 10! ;)

    ReplyDelete