Thursday 17 March 2016

EricMc- Senegalese Triailleurs and Curtgeld (150 Points)

Its hard to believe its over.  This Challenge has been a blast.   Thank you all for your support and encouragement!  A special thanks to Curt for playing ring master to this circus.   Dave thanks so much for wrangling me on a weekly (or some what weekly) basis. 

On to this weeks entry.  Fitting as a last entry is the last of the Senegalese Triailleurs.  I was able to add two more squads and a supporting heavy Machine gun.   All the figures are from Gripping Beast.



In addtion to the Senegalese I was able to finish my Curtgeld in the form of none other than Rudi Schweinsteiger "The Black Count" star of the game we are running at Cold Wars this week.  All credit for the name goes to Sydney Roundwood.  His amazing site has been a huge inspiration for me as we took the plunge in to World War I.  Here is a link to his amazing site.  Roundwood's World


In our games,using the cards that Sidney designed, Rudi Schweinsteiger became a huge favorite.  I felt it was only fitting to give him his staring role. 

In hindsight,  I would be more thoughtful in my planning for the Challenge.   I would have like to participate in the bonus themes but taking on the terrain board project precluded any such fun. In other words I needed control my spastic nature and stay focused!

Thanks again this has been a great experience for me. 



Eric, you've done a terrific job on this, your second installment of your Senegalese troops. I agree, Sidney's blog is great inspiration, but I think you've taken his muse and made the period your own with the work we've seen during the Challenge.
Rudi Schweinsteiger is brilliant! (Though I think we could use a couple more shots of him) Thank you so much! I have a suspicion he could be a great Pulp Adventure character as well (a scenario is percolating already...).
It was a pleasure having you with us this Challenge, Eric. I hope you join the wild ride the next time we set sail. Thanks again.
 

13 comments:

  1. Great work on the Senegalese Tirailleurs and the villainous Count - well done, Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved seeing this force take paint and come to life. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Senegalese are a very colourful addition to the armies for this conflict indeed. Your painting is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding last entry Eric! These Senegalese are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work, Eric! They look really sharp in contrast to the other forces too. It wouldn't be AHPC without a Fez or several! ;)

    ReplyDelete