Monday 15 February 2016

From MilesR: Fallschirmjager Heavy Mortars in 15mm Scale (70 Points)

 Another quick unit as I only had a few hours to paint on Saturday.  A German Fallschirmjager heavy mortar unit plus a Panzer IV/70 tank.  All of the miniatures are from Battlefront and are 15mm scale metals.

 This pretty much clears out the 15mm German FOW lead pile save for a few vehicles.  I really like to use mortars in FOW of games - very accurate and can switch from indirect to direct firing.

The Panzer IV/70 is a lone model that I can't even remember picking up.  I'll need to add at least two more before being able to field the tank but it was fun and easy to paint up.

Lets see there are 24 crew/command figures for 48 points plus 4 guns for 16 and the tank for 6 which yields a total of 70 points

I leave tomorrow morning for my companies annual offsite and will not be back until late Thursday night - so not a lot of painting this week either.

I'd feel sorry for you Miles, except that your slow weeks out do my good weeks. Anyway a solid FoW entry.  Good work on the basing and the camo on the vehicle.  Speaking of the vehicle, can I get a price check on this one?  It looks to me to be a Panzerjager or similar tank destroyer, not a turreted Panzer IV.  But my late war armour can be sketchy, and it's hard to tell from the photo.  And I say no need to wait to get 2 more of them, that's army list rules lawyer talk Miles.  Eff the lists and go with what feels right, and to me late war Germans should be able to dole out their limited armour support as they like, and a singleton AFV supporting infantry works for me.

15 comments:

  1. Those look great and should give good service I know I have always gotten good service from my Heavy Mortars. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a machine Miles! Excellent work on these FJs and they look grand all arrayed on your custom terrain boards (yes, that IS jealously you hear).

    I could be wrong, but I believe that tank destroyer is a Jagdpanzer IV armed with the L/48 gun. The L/70 gun was a honkin' long thing, without, I think, a muzzle brake.

    Now I have to take a break to beat back my ASL dorkiness before it threatens to take over my personality...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I knew some dork would know the answer to this one. I could tell it wasn't quite as advertised but do actually try not to argue too much when I know I don't know enough.

      Delete
    2. You are correct and I am most impressed with tour asl dork insets!

      Delete
    3. "Asl dorkiness" - I really hate auto spell correct sometimes

      Delete
    4. My nerd alarm just exploded :-)

      Delete
    5. I always disable my geek alarm when it's challenge time - if I don't it just st goes off constantly

      Delete
  3. Great additions to your FOW forces

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knocking it ouf the park Miles..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab work on the Fallschirmjäger! The Jagdpanzer came out nicely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking force, Miles! I can't wait to see your Germans pose for a group shot! ;)

    ReplyDelete