Friday 12 February 2016

From Christopher S - 28mm Almoravid Berbers (100 points)


With the addition of combined spear and bow Berber units I now have enough units to field a Basic Impetus Almoravid army which is quite nice! However, I  plan to grow the army further as my opposing Spanish Christian army is already quite large and the Almorvids will need to grow to match them which will of course open up even more gaming possibilities.  As we all know armies are never really finished.


These Berbers were painted using the same earthy palate as the rest of the army with some green to tie them altogether. The shields and banner were hand painted to keep the look I wanted. The figures themselves are a mix of Artizan, Gripping Beast



I have more Almoravids on the way, but I think some horse and musket might creep in between first, but I'm not sure yet.



So a total of 20 figures in 28mm scale should give me 100pts. and move me ahead of Nick in the Bavarian Challenge for now and increase my standings in the Bronze to Steel challenge as well.

"Armies are never finished" - exactly! Well said! Enough of this "I've finished a project" stuff!
Once again Chris you are blowing us all away with your incredibly skilled brushwork.  The colours are muted and bright, all at the same time.  The banner is beautiful, the shields look wonderful. And while I am really enjoying the the progress on this force, I'm hoping you do get a bit diverted into some horse and musket stuff, as I'm sure the results will be spectacular as well...

Another 100 points for your Chris - keep up the great work!

36 comments:

  1. Amazing work as usual Chris! Those shields and banners really are top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely stuff! I have armies of this period and I am a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Peter! It is indeed a fascinating period.

      Christopher

      Delete
  3. Just as great as the last lot, glad your growing this force further

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ian and I'm pretty happy to see the project grow.

      Christopher

      Delete
  4. A truly inspirational unit, well painted and nicely based!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the way you have given them a fantastic unity with your colour palette. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, these are just awesome Christopher. The palette is superb and really well executed. I'm having such a hard time not buying my own right now, mainly because of work like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Michael and I admit that hopefully this pushes you over the edge into the period.

      Christopher

      Delete
  7. I really like the color choice on them and the detail is really superb! Good work all around on them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet again, fantastic work on these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colour palette, which works with basing them together to make them really cohesive - really nice looking unit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone else has already said how wonderful these are I can only grin, nod and totally agree with them. Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Clint really kind of you.

      Christopher

      Delete
  11. You've really got these nailed. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous work!
    what you do on them is absolutly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There it goes my feeble lead. Fantastic work Chris! I'm totally impressed by the speed you managed to pull this off and am looking forward to see them in action asap. The clash of these with your Spanish certainly will be a sight to behold. White and red Christians versus brownish green Almoravids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Nick! Yep, it would appear I've pulled ahead again.....for now at least. I'm looking forward to getting them on the table and see how they fare vs the Spanish I think we will just need to find out soon.

      Christopher

      Delete
  14. Another spectacular unit Christopher! You are just hitting this stuff out of the park this year. This is such a beautiful looking unit. I really love the muted tones juxtaposed with the vibrant cloaks and banner. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Curt! It's always nice to see a project moving along they way one wants.

      Christopher

      Delete
  15. The hand-painted banners and shields are the kicker here - wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete