Wednesday 20 January 2016

From KyleC - American Reinforcements - Jeeps! (75pts)

Kyle is back for a second bite of the cherry today - more vehicle to add! cant you just hear the dakkka, dakka..
 

Jeeps.. specifically Jeeps with MMG/HMG configuration.. the bane of many  slower armies in Bolt Action.. so this was a nice addition to my forces ( and one that I think I could use exactly one more jeep to round out the collection there! ).


Although I spent most of the weekend painting the tanks, I then got violently ill.. and could not do much but weep quietly on the couch while watching netflix.. something that many of my opponents at the local club probably do after a game with my Japanese forces :)


But seeing that these guys should be easy to finish up, I took a run at them last night inbetween sneezes and coughing fits.. and probably the solvents and airbrush dust clouds didn't help any, but that gap between Martin and myself is growing too far ( and further if I didn't do this one! ) so I needed to focus!!


I did try some more of the techniques from the TankArt book,  but with some of my other materials instead of straight from theirs. So adapting it more to my style and what I have in hand. The dust/dirt/sand/mud/whatever section came out better on the wheels this time. Something that I might go back over my vehicles with to give them that dusty/dirty look.. but in the meantime.. back to infantry and to the next challenge.. which may or may not involve a vehicle as well :D


I can just see these whizzing around causing mayhem. It looks like you managed to do a really good job between coughs and sneezes... that's dedication for you..well done.

31 comments:

  1. These look really good. Nice result. Glad to see some dirt on them. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiwi. I am really happy with the dirt on them as well!

      Delete
  2. Great stuff! I regularly get the chance to ride shotgun in a 1943 vintage Willy's and hence it is an absolute mystery to me how the guys firing the HMG in the back kept themselves upright while on the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always wondering about that.. I cannot see that as being that easy to do especially on dirt roads!

      Delete
  3. Cool, getting tight at the top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pushing me to new painting heights.. lets see what this weekend brings out for me ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice little units for recce by fire - usually the enemies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Lots of dakka dakka to give to the enemies!

      Delete
  5. It is amazing to think that 1/5 of all the War land vehicles US built in WW2 was a jeep. These are excellent. they look dirty and rugged with just enough essential parts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With those numbers it means I need to build and paint more then!

      Delete
  6. Nice Jeeps - great job Kyle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Kyle - while sick, no less - very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing work Kyle, I need to buckle down and get over my jaw pain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fearsome looking jeeps Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this is true enough for my opponents!

      Delete
  10. "Rat Patrol! In Colour!"
    ; )
    Splendid work, Kyle1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No idea what that is, but it sounds awesome!

      Delete
  11. Another lovely addition

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian.. they were a lot of fun to paint up as well!

      Delete
  12. Very nice work, Kyle! I like the lived in look and stowage on em. The crew look grand too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice! I really like the .50 cal gunners (though I'm sure they felt pretty exposed on those things).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely weathering effects as well!

    ReplyDelete