Wednesday 20 January 2016

From EricMc- More WWI French (145 Points)

I am back at it with more horizon blue.   This week I painted  2-10 figure units of regular French Infantry.  I think the best aspect of the Old Glory figures is the specialty figures they make.  Included in this weeks entry are several trench fighters. I was also able to complete 2 Hotchkiss machine guns and 2 staff officers. . 

I think my favorite is the bald bearded trooper brandishing a pick axe. He truly is a Poilu. (hes hiding behind the staff officer.


Last but not lease I completed a German straggler.  This is an Old Glory medical officer


 

Weekly totals 29-28mm figures  145 points

Last week there were a few questions about my Horizon Blue recipe.  I start with a base of Army Painter Electric Blue followed by a wash of Army Painter Dark Tone. Once dry I hit the highlights with a mix of Electric Blue and Vallejo Sky Blue (the sky blue was camera shy)



Eric.. excellent stuff once more. Thanks for the paint tips. This is some force you have built - a full group shot later will be impressive! I am with you on the bald headed Poilu - he is a classic. Well done

EDIT -the running points total for today has now been updateds 9pm GMT - cheers D

20 comments:

  1. These are spectacular! The dynamics of the figures are enhanced greatly by your painting, truly magnificent to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kepis are particularly nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice work!
    thanks for the paint tip;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these but tell those officers that duelling durring time of war is courtmartial offence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent, Old Glory really do make some nice figs and your painting is really top notch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Eric. Love that blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Eric - has been great to watch this stuff come out looking great, but at assembly-line pace. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great figures! Lots of nice sculpts there, very good brushwork on them!
    I gotta vote too as I would love to see your French in a group shot once you finish with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. Thanks so much for providing your horizon blue recipe. I'm going to give that a go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This Project goes from strength to strength. I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! Your Poilus are simply great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the horizon blue tips! Lovely work again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fine work indeed, mon ami!! Congratulations on a wonderful entry to the "Horizon Bleu Club" - not an easy colour to get right, but you succeeded brilliantly. Bravo! I'm so pleased that you used the Old Glory figures. They're very nice once painted. They look very shiny and rotten out of the bag, but under-coated and painted here, they grace any table. Great work again, Eric!

    ReplyDelete