Monday 4 January 2016

From AdamC 25mm Drunken Kung-Fu Master (5 points)


This is the first figure I have painted up form the Watchful Studios Kick starter He's the Drunken Kung-fu master.


After I figured out were everything went he went together really well. The staff here is the item I had an issue with; I put it in his other hand initially.


He's dirty but he's supposed to be a drunken sod (with great Kung-fu mastery but still a drunken sod).


He also happens to be a late Christmas gift for my old college roommate, (the Kickstarter was supposed to deliver in November but you know how these things go) who introduced me to 18th century war gaming and we ran a fun D&D campaign along the way too. I hope he'll like this figure that is so dynamic and full of character.  He's 25mm Scale so another 5 point (I'll be doing a size comparison entry on my blog latter this week with this figure and possibly some others if your curious). 
Drunken Kung-Fu master, aren't they all drunken?  Also he looks rather like an old roommate of mine....Anyway a nice figure and suitably grubby.  Loose weapons give me headaches too, but your approach here works with the pose.  I like the amphora (? don't know the Chinese equivalent).  Well done,hic!

24 comments:

  1. Thank you I am pleased and I have his brother in my queue (for my self).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - I really like the whole image - well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'll TELL you when I've had enough!" Suitably grubby and dishevelled, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You think that's beer you're drinking? :-) Nice work Adam, he looks like he spent the night in the gutter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Baldrick's been drinking his for weeks, he says he likes the taste. "
      ; )

      Delete
  5. I have a couple of kung fu figures to paint for a kung fu zombie game. I might just have to use this as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out Watch Fulstudios they have ancient Chinese Zombies

      Delete
  6. Cool figure, makes me want to watch Drunken Master or Snake in the Eagles Shadow. Interesting take to have a green glazed ceramic drinking "gourd" wine bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it started life blue but got green after I hit it with the wash.. it seems it was a very yellowish brown and thus it came out green I liked it so I left it.

      Delete
  7. I like your grubby master of Drunken Kung-fu!
    He does look as though odour is a secondary weapon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for a figure!

    ReplyDelete