Tuesday 29 December 2015

From SanderS - Serbelloni anyone? (72 Points)

Hoi,

For my second contribution I chose a unit of Austrian Cuirassiers from the 7YW. Well tell a lie really, because originally these figures started as Napoleonic Russian Cuirassiers from Zvezda. But since I do not collect Russian Napoleonics and do need some more hard hitting Austrian cavalry for my 7YW army I decided to cheat a little and swap some heads. The paint scheme is loosely based on the Serbelloni Cuirassiers and I kinda like how they turned out.


Now on to some Napoleonics.

Cheers Sander

Ah, it's great to see some tricorne-era troops being submitted to the Challenge. Lovely stuff Sander and a great conversion from their Russian origins.  I really like the rich detail on your saddle blankets and the pistol holsters - very nice.
These eight converted cavalry will give you 72 Points

16 comments:

  1. Oh these are real nice, love the detail

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a war I know much about but they do look Glorious to me. Very nice troops indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look very nice, Sander! Great detail on the small fellows too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very striking. Love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Sander. I'd never had guessed that these were once Napoleonics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic figures, full of colour. Well done and very inventive use of the Zvesda figures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work the 18th century is the prettiest in warfare

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever conversion. Lovely, dynamic figures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple, yet very effective conversion and a great paint job. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very striking! I really like these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beauties - a lovely period and the brushwork does it justice! Well done.

    ReplyDelete