Monday 2 March 2015

From AdamC - The Regiment with No Name (33 points)

Part of the fun I have with My Imagi-Nation the Grand Duchy of D'Argent is I get to "provide" friends and family with officers commissions.


Following practice of many an 18th Century Enlightened Despot I in my capacity as Grand Duke feel obligated to ensure that my siblings children are well taken care of. 


When I learned by brother and his wife are anticipating the birth of a second son some time in may of this year it was time to look through the collection 18th century miniatures for to provide the young lad with a regiment. 


Thus these Red and Yellow clad dragoons have been completed during the challenge. The colors were selected by the Duchess Ariana.  My Brother and his wife have not yet finalized the name of my new nephew so for now these fellows are a nameless regiment. 


I look forward to introducing the kids to their commands in few years.


There are 8 15mm figures (Essex I believe) on horse back which I make to be 32 Points.


From Curt:

Great work Adam. I really like the idea of giving 'commissions' to your regiments to family and friends - I do something similar with our Pulp and Cthulhu adventurers just for laughs. Here's to lovely May and the naming day of both your new nephew and his regiment!


17 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely thing to do. He'll always remember his Uncle Adam!

    Best wishes to his mum and dad on the upcoming birth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and that's Crazy Uncle Adam :)

      Delete
  2. That is a cool thing to do and a nice unit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey Adam you have been busy!!! A great looking unit!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had some catching up to do after a few slow weeks.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea. Should help ease the pain when they're old enough to play and run you off the field with their units ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to the day... we all know kids are unseasonably lucky with dice.

      Delete
  5. There is no way I am sharing freshly painted troops with my family. One has got to keep their priorities straight,

    These are far to good to give away. Love, Pharr, give me LEAD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Clint by the time they are old enough to play with them they won't be fresh which is part of the beauty of it.

      Delete
  6. Very nice touch Adam, he will be proud of them too

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking unit and lovely idea, though I agree with Clint about sharing my figures. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I get to keep them for now at lest.

      Delete
  8. Nice dragoons and what a great idea with the commissions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One must take car of ones relatives Tamsin or they start plotting a coup :)

      Delete
  9. Nice job on these and a great idea.

    ReplyDelete