Monday 15 December 2014

From BrianB - Dreadball Orx Team (46 Points)


This is my first official entry although I did submit something for the cold round as well. I started off with an Orx Dreadball team as part of my personal goal of trying to get 4 teams painted for the holidays. I kinda feel like I really should of started with some LotR figures however seeing all of the excellent recent entries from Tolkien's world.


I wanted the team to look like their gear was well worn and beaten up but I'm not real sure how well it came across. I also kept away from the the typical green skin as I wanted them to look more Sci-Fi and less fantasy in space. Other than that, five of them have had some conversion work done on them to change up their poses. I've never been very fond of having 4 out of 8 figures looking exactly the same and out of the box there are only three poses. This way they are a little more unique as a team. This 8 man team should be 40 points.



From Curt:
Welcome to the Rumble Brian! These bruisers look wonderful and are obviously raring for a match. I particularly like how you've weathered-up their equipment and chose not to give them the typical Greenskin green skintone. 
I'm going to give you a few extra points as a couple of these lads look rather huge in relation to their squadmates (40mm perhaps?), so 46 points total. Great work!  


13 comments:

  1. I agree with Curt on the skintone Brian. Also I like the blue uniforms on these guys.

    Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks ACE! Good choice on skin colour. Hopefully I can get at least one Dreadball team completed in this challenge. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are good and I agree fully the weathering and the skin colour both work

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of those do look huge. Never been a fan of Greenskin orcs so If I was curt I would give out bonus points for that as well. Nice job mate. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look really cool! And do look very Sci-Fi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work on the weathering and the skin tone is great - didn't occur to me when I did mine and now I wish it had :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!!! I like a lot that skin colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! And I'll echo everyone else and say that's a fantastic choice of skin color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like these. I think the worn equipment effect came out well. The only thing that threw me was the first picture of the long nose "goblins". In the front on view i couldn't tell what was going on with their faces. Just an observation.

    ReplyDelete