Monday 22 December 2014

From BrendonW - 15 x 28mm Perry Foot Knights

15 x 28mm Plastic Perry Miniatures Foot Knights. An excellent box set of miniatures in my opinion. They go together easy and have little flash to clean. While these look relatively simple there is a bit of trial and error to get armour to look near convincing at this scale. I kept it simple with a spray of Army Painter Plate Metal then washes, then further painting with Plate Metal from the matching Army Painter bottle. My force will have Red and Black as it's Lords colours and while this is inspired from history it is not to represent an historical source.



These Knights do not come with any shields because by the time period they come from (1450-1500 War of the Roses England period) armour had improved.



I purchased these for building a retinue for 'Lion Rampant'. I think you can only have a Max of 2 units of 6 in that game. Certainly enough in the box to make enough Foot Knights for 2 retinues and some left over for Unit Leaders of less noble units.




20 comments:

  1. Great looking foot knights! I've been thinking of getting a box of these.:-)

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. I've been painting my two units this weekend as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking men at arms Brendon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now if I only had a use for these. They are great and I am tempted but my resistance is only just slightly stronger. They are Fab though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on these! I've been trying to resist buying a box (or two) of these. Still successful, but seeing them painted does get me tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The armor looks great! Reminds me of Excalibur! ;)
    I too have thought these and the other Perry sets would be excellent to augment LotR or create some Game of Thrones forces.
    Your brushwork really tempts me to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are loads of really good Game of Thrones threads on lead-adventure.de using Perry miniatures

      Delete
  7. every time i look at these i get tempted... your not helping... great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. The armour turned out beautifully on these and they look great in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like most others I'm now thinking of getting some of these. Great effort

    ReplyDelete
  10. very efficiently and accurately. but it might be worth adding highlights on the armor?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple but effective armour, very well done indeed. I've struggled with "white" armour recently and you've got these to come up a treat...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! Resplendent in their shiny armour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks all for the great feedback. If you are thinking about getting these miniatures then do yourself a favour and get them. They are great figures. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you did well on achieving the metal effect. Good looking figures

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, really nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Ian and Roy. The metal I am happy with but it was an experiment all the way that worked.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very fine collection,, ready for medieval mayhem. I agree with Ian, the metal is very well done, and the figures are well presented. Good show.
    Is it just me, or does the guy on the far left in the first picture look like Robocop?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep. It's definitely Robocops ancestor. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete